Welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Hello February

 St.Valentines Day is one of my most favorite days!!!!

I have been busy the past few weeks getting my Valentines ready for the VA hospital
down in Los Angeles. I make 300 Valentines by hand for the vets that are in the hospital.
The VA also has a picnic that weekend so I hand out Valentines to the vets that come. There are
many homeless vets and it breaks my heart to meet these men that gave so much for our country.
They are always so surprised, some ask for a hug, some get teary eyed... (Me I get very teary eyed)
I have been doing this for the past 4 years. How I came up with this idea is that I take
my dad Lenny down to the VA for his doctor appointments and saw soooo
many vets that never have visitors:(  I want the vets to know there are people that do care...
I hope you all have a wonderful week... Thanks for stopping by:)

Cheers for now
Juanita




1 comment:

  1. Although V. Day isn't a favorite of mine I gotta admit you make it cute with your unusual art and enthusiasm. Your site is adorable and i can't wait to see what's up next. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete