Welcome and thank you for stopping by!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Remembering those who gave their lives...


This is a very important day that ALL Americans regardless of your politically views should honor.. Many men and women serve our country and sadly many many have given there life and still on a daily bases give their lives.... Memorial Day is a very special day.... a day to remember and honor all the men and women who gave their lives

 Our freedom is not without a price.

A little know fact.... I was in the Army, I joined when I was 19, my brother had already enlisted and told me how great it was... Though we have a very different view on "great" it was one of the best things I ever did!!! It was not easy.. Basic Training was very hard but I made it through and along the way I have made some life long friends.. I was in the first platoon of women to ever train with men at Fort Dix New Jersey.. I marched and marched I dug foxholes and then slept in the foxholes... I threw live grenades (not one of my strong points)  I was an expert marksman with the M-16.. I learned a lot in my 2 years in the Army and I can tell you that I am proud that I served our great country!!!

Please take time to thank a member of the military they ARE sacrificing their lives for our freedom...

XOXO
Nita

I realize that patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone.
Edith Cavell

No comments:

Post a Comment